Day Five

DSC_0115bb

I finished out my Kid’s Clothes Week sewing over the weekend but don’t normally blog then so I’m going to post them this week. I made this top on Friday after seeing some cute versions in the KCW project pool. The original pattern is from The Purl Bee here.

DSC_0093

There’s actually no printing involved with this pattern since all the cutting measurements are listed for you and they’re all rectangles! No printing, taping, cutting, etc. makes this very fast to put together.

DSC_0115

It doesn’t show up great in these pictures but the fabric is actually sparkly in person. I’ve been hoarding this quarter yard for a while but I figured if I didn’t use it soon nothing I could make with it would fit!

DSC_0182

DSC_0204

Day Four

DSC_0012

When does something old become vintage? I used a vintage shorts pattern to make these. It came in sizes three through five so I graded it down to a two and they’re still a little big. But when I was looking for pictures to make sure the front flaps go over the back flaps I came across this free pattern for basically the same thing!

DSC_0031

I like how the bias tape makes the inside of the shorts as pretty as the outside.

DSC_0005

DSC_0018

These were very easy to put together so I’m definitely going to be making another pair but I think I’ll try the pattern I linked to next to see if the fit is better.

Day Three

DSC_0065

I love how this turned out! I saw this tutorial for a flutter sleeve dress and I’ve been thinking about it ever since. The pattern in that link is a size four, which wouldn’t have worked for me so I altered this free peasant dress pattern by comparing it to other.

DSC_0001

This came together so quick and easy and I even made matching bias tape for the arms so there wouldn’t be a different color showing through.

DSC_0014 2

I’m not entirely positive but I think this is a gauze fabric. Because it was a little stretchy I pulled the sleeves while I sewed them to make a slight lettuce edge hem.

DSC_0038

Day Two

DSC_0014

Diaper covers! When I have enough fabric leftover I really like to make a matching diaper cover for the dresses I sew. I use this pattern and it couldn’t be easier!

DSC_0019

DSC_0025

The pink cover got a little embroidered heart and the tan got a ribbon scrap for tags. I used to have a big stockpile of satin ribbon tags that I had embroidered various sizes and hearts on but my stash has dwindled lately.

Day One

DSC_0012 2

This is what I finished yesterday, but it’s a little misleading if I let you think it only took me one hour. The bodice was already finished from another dress but I didn’t like it for the look I wanted at the time. It seemed a waste to throw it out (fabric hoarder) so I just put it at the bottom of a bin somewhere and when I found it the other day I thought it’d be really pretty with this tan gingham.

DSC_0018

I’ve been in love with circle skirts lately! The bodice is from the geranium dress and I drafted a circle skirt to pair with it.

DSC_0020

There aren’t any side seams on the skirt so I made the circumference of the skirt slightly bigger than the bodice so that it could fold over itself when the bodice is closed. And then I made a little piece of matching bias tape to cover the gap.

DSC_0127

DSC_0058

DSC_0045

I’m hoping to finish a matching diaper cover today.