I’ve been wanting this pattern ever since I first saw it. I really don’t know why I put off buying it for so long and in fact this tunic is made from fabric I bought specifically for this pattern back in the beginning of Summer. I finally bit the bullet since this is also the pattern I want to use for a Christmas dress and wanted to test the size before I cut into the fancy fabric I bought for Christmas. I love it! This is a really nice pattern and even with the buttonholes was very easy to put together. I won’t use the cap sleeves in the next version but really wanted to try them out. And if I have time I’m hoping to use the bodice to make a little bolero jacket.
The bodice is lined with a light pink cotton to match the embroidered flowers on the main fabric. Side note: I ironed this right before taking the pictures but it’s linen which wrinkles really easily. Maybe not the best for baby clothes but I loved the little flowers. This might be the only time I show the inside of something I make. They don’t always turn out this nicely, although you can see on the right where it’s a little uneven. I lined the whole thing just to make it a little warmer. The lining is just a little longer so it peaks out the bottom.