I finished out my Kid’s Clothes Week sewing over the weekend but don’t normally blog then so I’m going to post them this week. I made this top on Friday after seeing some cute versions in the KCW project pool. The original pattern is from The Purl Bee here.
There’s actually no printing involved with this pattern since all the cutting measurements are listed for you and they’re all rectangles! No printing, taping, cutting, etc. makes this very fast to put together.
It doesn’t show up great in these pictures but the fabric is actually sparkly in person. I’ve been hoarding this quarter yard for a while but I figured if I didn’t use it soon nothing I could make with it would fit!
When does something old become vintage? I used a vintage shorts pattern to make these. It came in sizes three through five so I graded it down to a two and they’re still a little big. But when I was looking for pictures to make sure the front flaps go over the back flaps I came across this free pattern for basically the same thing!
I like how the bias tape makes the inside of the shorts as pretty as the outside.
These were very easy to put together so I’m definitely going to be making another pair but I think I’ll try the pattern I linked to next to see if the fit is better.
I love how this turned out! I saw this tutorial for a flutter sleeve dress and I’ve been thinking about it ever since. The pattern in that link is a size four, which wouldn’t have worked for me so I altered this free peasant dress pattern by comparing it to other.
This came together so quick and easy and I even made matching bias tape for the arms so there wouldn’t be a different color showing through.
I’m not entirely positive but I think this is a gauze fabric. Because it was a little stretchy I pulled the sleeves while I sewed them to make a slight lettuce edge hem.
Diaper covers! When I have enough fabric leftover I really like to make a matching diaper cover for the dresses I sew. I use this pattern and it couldn’t be easier!
The pink cover got a little embroidered heart and the tan got a ribbon scrap for tags. I used to have a big stockpile of satin ribbon tags that I had embroidered various sizes and hearts on but my stash has dwindled lately.
This is what I finished yesterday, but it’s a little misleading if I let you think it only took me one hour. The bodice was already finished from another dress but I didn’t like it for the look I wanted at the time. It seemed a waste to throw it out (fabric hoarder) so I just put it at the bottom of a bin somewhere and when I found it the other day I thought it’d be really pretty with this tan gingham.
I’ve been in love with circle skirts lately! The bodice is from the geranium dress and I drafted a circle skirt to pair with it.
There aren’t any side seams on the skirt so I made the circumference of the skirt slightly bigger than the bodice so that it could fold over itself when the bodice is closed. And then I made a little piece of matching bias tape to cover the gap.
I’m hoping to finish a matching diaper cover today.
I know they’re hard to see but I really love these buttons. They remind me of sea glass and are the perfect minty color.
The little man in his pin stripe suit was my favorite character on this fabric.
I love this last picture, she looks so confused to be taking it!
I finally digitized this pattern! And I’m working on the tutorial photos today.
This is a button up top with bias bound arm openings and a proper collar.
The pattern is 12-18 months but in the tutorial I added a little extra room to make it a 2T so it’s easily adaptable.
You can download the pattern here!
This used to be a women’s shirt I bought at the thrift store and I had just enough to turn it into a dress. I didn’t have enough to add the sleeve frills and I had to piece the bodice together but I really liked the embroidery so it was worth the effort.
We’re cat sitting the neighbors DITEEEE! Thats’s toddler for kitty.
I could probably make these in my sleep by now! The only change I made this time was to slightly gather the leg openings and add a cuff. I wish I had taken them in just a little more but she was asleep and I didn’t want to make the opening too small to fit.
Maybe it’s something about the south but I love seersucker. I found this on sale and only bought half a yard (which I’m now kicking myself for). I’ve been wanting to play around a little with modifying my dandelion dress pattern and this was the perfect amount for it. It might end up being a good thing I had so little or I’d go full on seersucker suit! Poor baby girl dodged a bullet.
I really wanted these gathered straps on another dress I’m planning so I used this as a test.
The modifications were pretty simple I just folded down the strap part of the pattern and extended the bodice below the arm opening.
I ordered the buttons from here and wasn’t sure what to expect since the description is a little lacking but they were all really cute when I got them.