This used to be a women’s shirt I bought at the thrift store and I had just enough to turn it into a dress. I didn’t have enough to add the sleeve frills and I had to piece the bodice together but I really liked the embroidery so it was worth the effort.
We’re cat sitting the neighbors DITEEEE! Thats’s toddler for kitty.
I could probably make these in my sleep by now! The only change I made this time was to slightly gather the leg openings and add a cuff. I wish I had taken them in just a little more but she was asleep and I didn’t want to make the opening too small to fit.
Maybe it’s something about the south but I love seersucker. I found this on sale and only bought half a yard (which I’m now kicking myself for). I’ve been wanting to play around a little with modifying my dandelion dress pattern and this was the perfect amount for it. It might end up being a good thing I had so little or I’d go full on seersucker suit! Poor baby girl dodged a bullet.
I really wanted these gathered straps on another dress I’m planning so I used this as a test.
The modifications were pretty simple I just folded down the strap part of the pattern and extended the bodice below the arm opening.
I ordered the buttons from here and wasn’t sure what to expect since the description is a little lacking but they were all really cute when I got them.
This is super dorky but I had enough fabric left over to make a matching pair of shorts!
This is the same shorts pattern I’ve used over and over (I really do love it!) but in the cuffed length. Unfortunately the cuffs don’t stay rolled up very well so I may have to hem them up or add a few stitches underneath to help the cuffs stay up. I also added back pockets that match the ones on my pair but I didn’t get a picture of them.
There were a lot of pictures that ended up looking like this.
We went to a petting zoo the other day and I took the opportunity to get some pictures of the new jumpsuit I made.
This is the same Pleated Playsuit pattern I posted about here but the pant version. I had to reprint the pattern but it was definitely worth it!
This is actually the first time I’ve made the pleat in the top but I did make some other modifications this time. I widened the pant legs and put elastic in the hem instead of cuffs and shortened the bodice almost an inch. I think I was channeling my childhood envy of Jasmine’s outfit in Aladdin. I know, first Tinkerbell now Jasmine! But what’s the use of having kids if you can’t dress them in ridiculous outfits?
I made this last summer after the Elegance and Elephants’ pattern first came out but it still fits now! This was actually the third one that I made but the only one that still fits.
The pattern is free and comes in not only a wide range of sizes, but also as shorts or pants length! It was a really easy pattern to follow despite having done this back when I still didn’t really know what I was doing. Side-note: I think it makes her look like a baby Tinker Bell! Minus the wings and puff ball shoes.
I made a fixed length strap but the pattern actually has ties for the shoulders. At the time ties were supper fun to pull on for a baby so in this version I made straps and added extra length that I stitched down to the facing but could be let out when she grows.
It’s hard to tell but instead of one big pleat in the middle I did a few little ones along the neckline. As soon as I find where I stored this pattern I have plans to make a pant version. Ah the joys of unpacking!
I’m still working on this pattern and it’s coming along but I’m still not 100% satisfied with the way the back fits.
While I was at it I made these matching pants for a whole Vintage May outfit! I used the shorts pattern from here and just extended and tapered the legs then used this tutorial to add the ties (I folded the cuff up to show more of the facing fabric). I love all things vintage and was going for a late 50’s vibe.
I’m obsessed with this gingham! Its a really lightweight cotton and I’m hoping to make a shirt out of it for me if I can find a good pattern to use.