Day One

DSC_0012 2

This is what I finished yesterday, but it’s a little misleading if I let you think it only took me one hour. The bodice was already finished from another dress┬ábut I didn’t like it for the look I wanted at the time. It seemed a waste to throw it out (fabric hoarder) so I just put it at the bottom of a bin somewhere and when I found it the other day I thought it’d be really pretty with this tan gingham.

DSC_0018

I’ve been in love with circle skirts lately! The bodice is from the geranium dress and I drafted a circle skirt to pair with it.

DSC_0020

There aren’t any side seams on the skirt so I made the circumference of the skirt slightly bigger than the bodice so that it could fold over itself when the bodice is closed. And then I made a little piece of matching bias tape to cover the gap.

DSC_0127

DSC_0058

DSC_0045

I’m hoping to finish a matching diaper cover today.