I love how this turned out! I saw this tutorial for a flutter sleeve dress and I’ve been thinking about it ever since. The pattern in that link is a size four, which wouldn’t have worked for me so I altered this free peasant dress pattern by comparing it to other.
This came together so quick and easy and I even made matching bias tape for the arms so there wouldn’t be a different color showing through.
I’m not entirely positive but I think this is a gauze fabric. Because it was a little stretchy I pulled the sleeves while I sewed them to make a slight lettuce edge hem.
I first drafted this pattern six or seven months ago, and it lasted until she was about ten months old. But when I was looking for the Ham*a pattern the other day I came across this pattern as well and thought I would enlarge it.
I meant to make a shirt but when I went to check the length I liked it as a dress too much to change it.
The fabric was originally some that I used to make a crib skirt but we don’t use it anymore and I’ve been trying really hard to sew from my stash to whittle it down a little. I obviously haven’t learned my lesson with linen though as this dress was wrinkled almost immediately after putting it on. It’s a love, hate relationship.
I love mother of pearl buttons.
One of the only pictures I could find of the original. It had cute little snaps on the back shaped like bunnies. I’m working on digitizing this/editing pictures for a tutorial to share. Hopefully it will be done before the end of the week!