These are so easy and this time I actually followed the pattern with the curved hemline. I did widen the chest area just to get a little longer use out of it though.
My only problem was stretching the sleeves out a little when I turned the edges under. I might go back and fold the top little pointy parts together more to help get rid of it.
It took forever to get these three pictures up, for some reason WordPress is acting weird for me and sizing them all funky so I hope they look normal on your screen!
First, I’m officially participating in Kids Clothes Week! I had planned to just unofficially sew a long because I couldn’t find the button to sign up on their site. But umm, it was actually pretty easy and I don’t know why I couldn’t find it but the point is now I’m actually signed up!
Second, this is the second top I made! Lol. Here is the post about it on the creators blog, where you can also see what it should actually look like. Mine is less swing-y. I refashioned another old thing of mine and really wanted to use the existing hem so I just extended the sides straight down. And I didn’t have enough fabric to do the fold on the shoulders so I had an extra seam there as well.
But even with those changes this was still very easy to sew up.
Unfortunately my old shirt had a few holes in it, which is why I never wore it in the first place. But necessity is the mother of invention!
So, I added a pocket to cover them. It’s kind of honey pot shaped to cover all the holes but I was pretty happy with how it came out. I know shirt pockets are on normally on the other side but it’s not like she’ll really use it anyways.
These pictures just make me happy!